Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Maricopa Unified School District!
- Complete the online interest form or visit any school site.
- Please be sure to bring a copy of your driver’s license or another form of official ID to the school site. You may or may not be required to have security clearance. The school site will inform you of what you need.
- You will then be given a temporary badge that allow you to start volunteering that day. If you need to be finger printed it could take four to five weeks for your prints to clear. The temporary badge will allow you to start under supervision.
- The school site will give you your volunteer assignment. This will be done by the front office staff or a member of the PTO.
- When reporting to your site it is important to sign in using the volunteer logbook.
- You will be given a short volunteer orientation by the district coordinator and a site orientation at your school.
Thank you so much for being a part of the MUSD family.
The Adopt-A-School program is a joint partnership between MUSD and community businesses and organizations to enhance the education program at our local schools. The program is designed to create a better understanding of the community school system and to use the experience, skills and energy of our community to enhance the education process.
Steps to becoming an adopter
- Identify the school you want to adopt
- Complete the application
- Promote your partnership
- Recruit volunteers
The adopter will appoint a coordinator each year to meet with the school coordinator on a regular basis.
The adopter coordinator and the school coordinator will meet at the school to plan and implement partnership programs and projects
The adopter coordinator will submit an annual report to the organization/business.