Maricopa Unified School District’s Goal is to:
- Promote student behaviors that stop the spread.
- Keep students and staff safe.
Pursue options to convene sporting events and participation in sports activities in ways that minimize the risk of transmission of COVID-19 to players, families, coaches, and communities.
All Athletics will follow the Arizona Interscholastic Association (AIA) guidelines.
- Physical Education classes need to have the maximum space that can be provided for these classes.
- Lessons should be adjusted depending on the amount of space available in order to provide for maximum social distancing.
- Students should NOT wear masks while exercising since this could compromise their breathing and oxygenation.
- P.E. activities will not include any contact sports such as basketball, football or soccer.
- While in the weight room, students practice social distancing and remain 6 feet apart.
- Students will wipe down equipment after each use.
- The weight room will be cleaned, mopped and equipment disinfected daily after closure.
- Large fans will be on while the weight room is being used to improve ventilation.
- Hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes will be dispersed throughout the room.
*Subject to change