Buildings and Buses*
Maricopa Unified School District’s Goal is to:
- Promote student behaviors that stop the spread of COVID 19.
- Keep students and staff safe.
Create distance between children on school buses. (ie., seat children by one child per row, skip rows when possible).
- Physical distancing not feasible.
- Masks are required.
- Frequent and thorough cleaning between routes.
Cleaning and Disinfection
Cleaning and disinfect frequently touched surfaces within the school and on school buses at least daily or between use as much as possible. Use of shared objects should be limited when possible, or cleaned between use (ie., door handles, sink handles, drinking fountains).
Due to ongoing concerns about infectious diseases, particularly COVID-19, special care is needed for cleaning and disinfecting all schools and classrooms.
On a daily basis classrooms will be cleaned and disinfected, including:
- Desk chairs
- Desk tops
- Door handles
- Vacuuming or wet mopping will be completed as needed
Preschool, Self Contained, Kindergarten, Emotionally Disabled and all rooms used for medically fragile students will have additional cleaning as needed. The Electrostatic Foggers will be used to disinfect the carpets.
- Classrooms will be set up to best maintain social distancing whenever possible.
- Desks should be at least 6 feet apart or as far apart as possible within the space available.
- Each student's belongings will be kept separate from other students’ belongings.
- Each child will receive their own supplies to be kept at their desk.
- Students materials and manipulatives will be cleaned after each use.
- No cloth material will be used in the classroom (curtains, stuffed animals, cloth furniture or wall coverings).
*Subject to change