Extracurricular Activities and School Events*
Maricopa Unified School District’s Goal is to:
- Promote student behaviors that stop the spread of COVID-19.
- Keep students and staff safe.
Events and School Activities
Allow additional space for seating/desks to allow for physical distancing. CDC recommends at least six feet apart when feasible.
Pursue options to convene sporting events and participation in sports activities in ways that minimize the risk of transmission of COVID-19 to players, families, coaches, and communities.
- Limit any nonessential visitors, volunteers, and activities involving external groups or organizations.
- Pursue virtual activities and events in lieu of field trips, student assemblies, special performances, school-wide parent meetings, and spirit nights when possible.
- Any activity or club that decides to meet will be encouraged to meet via Google Meets/Zoom.
- If there are any groups meeting in person, all students and staff must follow established COVID-19 Infection Control Guidelines as adopted by MUSD.
Pursue virtual group events, gatherings, or meetings and promote social distancing of at least 6 feet between people if events are held. Limit group size to the extent possible.
Virtual activities and events in lieu of field trips, student assemblies, special performances, school-wide parent meetings, and spirit nights, as possible.
*Subject to change