MUSD Dual Language Program
"A Passport to the World"
Serving Preschool, Kindergarten, and First Grade Students
2022-2023 Classes at Santa Rosa Elementary
The Dual Language Program introduces preschool, kindergarten and first grade students to the world of bilingualism, biliteracy, and cultural competency. Students receive instruction and explore content in English/Spanish to develop building blocks that will prepare them for progressive immersion for future grade levels.
- Higher self-esteem and confidence
- Improved reading abilities
- Better problem solving
- Improved cognitive stimulation
- Higher levels of engagement
- Promotes bilingualism and biliteracy
- Greater cultural competency
- English/Spanish programming
- Certified teachers
- Research-based curriculum
- Instruction and assessment in two languages
- Students communicate in two languages
- Progressive immersion in future grade levels
- Open enrollment
- Preschool is a tuition-based program open to all children ages 4 & 5. Tuition is $620 per month for the 2022-23 school year.
- Kindergarten and 1st grade are tuition free.